We are happy to announce that we have retained the services of Hamid Arabzadeh and HRA Environmental Consultants Inc. to monitor the air quality of our entire campus during the construction of NoHo West. Jay Guidetti, Barbara Hitchcock, Maryanne Restivo, Lisa Polis, Dino D’Este and I met with Mr. Arabzadeh earlier this week and were impressed with his vast experience and knowledge. He knows the science, he is familiar with these types of projects, and he knows what can be done to ensure the necessary safety procedures are being met not only on our campus, but on the construction site as well.
It is our intention to do a much better job of communicating regular updates. To that end we will be sharing not only what we are doing on our facility, but also the pertinent information of what is going on with the construction site. To that end, here are a few quick takeaways from our meeting with Mr. Arabzadeh and what will be taking place here on campus over the next week to ten days:
- HEPA filter air cleaners will be in put in place in every classroom on campus (ECC, LHS, ELC).
- While our current quarterly schedule was found to be satisfactory, we will be increasing the frequency of air filter replacement for all campus HVAC systems to a monthly schedule, or more as needed.
- Mr. Arabzadeh conducted a preliminary survey of air quality on our campus on October 30th. Outdoor particulate readings were well within the norm and the air quality of the rooms tested, right now without the addition of our HEPA filter air cleaners, was much better than what was found outdoors.
- Outdoor air quality monitors will be installed on our campus.
- Additional meetings will be taking place with Mr. Arabzadeh, Merlone Geier, and other local and state agencies to ensure that all the required procedures are in place.