The Principal is responsible for the development and implementation of the instructional program for grades TK-8. S/he will supervise the school’s leadership team, faculty and office staff, and work collaboratively with the Controller, HR Manager, Sr. Operations Facilities Manager, Sr. IT Manager and ECC Director and will report to the Senior Pastor of Emmanuel Lutheran Church (ELC) and/or Executive Director. This person will contribute to a culture of excellence by fulfilling the following key responsibilities:
- Develop academic goals and design, implement and oversee a TK-8 academic program which fulfills the Emmanuel Lutheran Church and Laurel Hall School mission
- Responsible for creating the staffing plan and hiring faculty and staff in conjunction with the HR Manager. Responsible for faculty and staff discipline up to and including termination in conjunction with the HR Manager.
- Supervise the instructional planning and implementation of all school programs and curriculum, observing classes on a regular basis to ensure that best practices regarding learning, child development and technologies are being utilized
- Develop school-wide professional development goals and establish and implement appropriate training and instructional methods to meet goals through internal and external training
- Maintain School accreditation (e.g. WASC) and ensure compliance with reporting and regulations, including but not limited to, NCLB or then-current federal laws, as applicable
- Develop and manage student enrollment policies and procedures and marketing, including but not limited to enrollment, attendance, discipline, and placement. Collaborate with the Early Childhood Center Director to develop and implement kindergarten and/or transitional kindergarten matriculation process to Laurel Hall. Collaborate with Assistant Principal to develop and implement high school matriculation process
- Develop and maintain relationships and communication among current and prospective parents, students, teachers, support staff, community members, ELC Council, School Committee and all other internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students for academic performance and responsibility for behavior and ensure the health and safety of students, faculty, and staff
- In collaboration with the Controller, develop the annual staffing plan, update and manage monthly budgets and establish processes and approve all purchase orders and requests for reimbursement pursuant to approved policies
- Develop and present monthly reports on the instructional program and student assessment to Senior Pastor and Council and School Committee, and present regular reports to school site staff
- The Principal is a member of the Senior Staff of Emmanuel Lutheran Church and will assist in developing and implementing an effective total ministry of this congregation. Collaborate with fellow Senior Staff members to synthesize the Emmanuel Lutheran Church vision, goals, and objectives into an annual operational plan. Collaborate with Controller and Parent Teacher Organization to identify fundraising goals and with fellow Senior Staff to manage the use of the organization’s facilities
- 8+ years’ experience in TK-8 educational leadership with a Master’s degree in Education or Educational Administration from an accredited college or university with a teaching or administrative credential preferred
Compensation is DOE, 12-month work schedule, paid vacation, retirement and health insurance benefits.
Please submit your resume via email to Lisa Polis, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Emmanuel Lutheran Church. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.